ALLAH’S WRATH ON THOSE WHO DO NOT USE THEIR BRAIN
QS: Yunus 10.100
100. It is not for any person to believe, except by the Leave of Allâh, and He will put the wrath on those who are heedless.
[in the Indonesian translation, it says “…on those who do not use common sense/logic.” I checked with one of my teachers and he said that the Indonesian translation is a more accurate reflection of the Arabic. I don’t know why the translators used the word heedless instead.
ONLY ISLAM IS ACCEPTED BY ALLAH
Ali Imron QS: 3.84-85
84. Say (O Muhammad): "We believe in Allâh and in what has been sent down to us, and what was sent down to Ibrâhîm (Abraham), Ismâ'îl (Ishmael), Ishâq (Isaac), Ya'qûb (Jacob) and Al-Asbât [the offspring of the twelve sons of Ya'qûb (Jacob)] and what was given to Mûsâ (Moses), 'Îsâ (Jesus) and the Prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between one another among them and to Him (Allâh) we have submitted (in Islâm)."
85. And whoever seeks a religion other than Islâm, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers.
An Najm QS: 53.1-5
1. By the star when it goes down (or vanishes).
2. Your companion (Muhammad) has neither gone astray nor has erred.
3. Nor does he speak of (his own) desire.
4. It is only a Revelation revealed.
5. He has been taught (this Qur'ân) by one mighty in power [Jibrîl (Gabriel)]
MUHAMMAD IS THE MESSENGER OF ALLAH
Al Araaf QS: 7.158
158. Say (O Muhammad): "O mankind! Verily, I am sent to you all as the Messenger of Allâh - to Whom belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth. Lâ ilâha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He). It is He Who gives life and causes death. So believe in Allâh and His Messenger (Muhammad), the Prophet who can neither read nor write (i.e. Muhammad), who believes in Allâh and His Words [(this Qur'ân), the Taurât (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel) and also Allâh's Word: "Be!" - and he was, i.e. 'Îsâ (Jesus) son of Maryam (Mary),], and follow him so that you may be guided."
MUHAMMAD IS THE FINAL MESSENGER
Al Ahzab QS: 33.40.
40. Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وسلم) is not the father of any of your men, but he is the Messenger of Allâh and the last (end) of the Prophets. And Allâh is Ever All-Aware of everything.
[The word used in Arabic for the last/end is the same one that is used for “seal” as in the jar is “sealed” and cannot be opened without breaking the seal. This gives the impression that the matter is firmly closed and cannot be added to by anyone without disturbing the seal.]
ALLAH CREATED AND PROTECTS
Al Hijr QS: 15.9
9. Verily, We, it is We Who have sent down the Dhikr (i.e. the Qur’ân) and surely, We will guard it (from corruption).
NO CHANGE IS ALLOWED IN GOD’S RELIGION
Ar Rum QS: 30.29-32
29. Nay, but those who do wrong follow their own lusts without knowledge. Then who will guide him whom Allâh has sent astray? And for such there will be no helpers.
30. So set you (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) your face towards the religion (of pure Islâmic Monotheism) Hanîf (worship none but Allâh Alone). Allâh’s Fitrah (i.e. Allâh’s Islâmic Monotheism) with which He has created mankind. No change let there be in Khalq-illâh (i.e. the religion of Allâh - Islâmic Monotheism): that is the straight religion, but most of men know not. [Tafsir At-Tabarî]
31. (And remain always) turning in repentance to Him (only), and be afraid and dutiful to Him; and perform As-Salât (Iqâmat-as-Salât) and be not of Al-Mushrikûn (the polytheists, idolaters, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah).
32. Of those who split up their religion (i.e. who left the true Islâmic Monotheism), and became sects, [i.e. they invented new things in the religion (Bid‘ah ), and followed their vain desires], each sect rejoicing in that which is with it.
CHRISTIANS ARE NON-BELIEVERS (KAFIR)
Al Maidah QS: 5.14- 17, [QS. 5: 72-73 are similar verses]
17. Surely, in disbelief are they who say that Allâh is the Messiah, son of Maryam (Mary). Say (O Muhammad): "Who then has the least power against Allâh, if He were to destroy the Messiah, son of Maryam (Mary), his mother, and all those who are on the earth together?" And to Allâh belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all that is between them. He creates what He wills. And Allâh is Able to do all things.
[Note: those who are "in disbelief" are referred to in Arabic as Kafir (ie. Non-Muslims)]
ALLAH'S CURSE ON THE NON-BELIEVERS (KAFIR)
Ali Imron QS: 3.87-88
87. They are those whose recompense is that on them (rests) the Curse of Allâh, of the angels, and of all mankind.
88. They will abide therein (Hell). Neither will their torment be lightened, nor will it be delayed or postponed (for a while).
GOOD DEEDS ARE NOT ACCEPTED FROM THE DISBELIEVERS (KAFIR)
Al Kahfi QS: 18.103-106
103. Say (O Muhammad): "Shall We tell you the greatest losers in respect of (their) deeds?
104. "Those whose efforts have been wasted in this life while they thought that they were acquiring good by their deeds.
105. "They are those who deny the Ayât (proofs, evidence, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) of their Lord and the Meeting with Him (in the Hereafter). So their works are in vain, and on the Day of Resurrection, We shall assign no weight for them.
106. "That shall be their recompense, Hell; because they disbelieved and took My Ayât (proofs, evidence, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) and My Messengers by way of jest and mockery.
SHOLAT (PRAYING) IS COMPULSORY
Annisa QS: 4.103
103. When you have finished As-Salât (the congregational prayer), remember Allâh standing, sitting down, and (lying down) on your sides, but when you are free from danger, perform As-Salât (Iqamat-as-Salât). Verily, As-Salât (the prayer) is enjoined on the believers at fixed hours.
WARNING TO THOSE WHO DON’T DO SHOLAT
Al Mudatsir QS: 74.38-43
38. Every person is a pledge for what he has earned,
39. Except those on the Right, (i.e. the pious true believers of Islâmic Monotheism).
40. In Gardens (
41. About Al-Mujrimûn (polytheists, criminals, disbelievers), (And they will say to them):
42. "What has caused you to enter Hell?"
43. They will say: "We were not of those who used to offer the Salât (prayers),
ANYONE WHO ENTERS ISLAM AND THEN LEAVES AGAIN IS CURSED
90. Verily, those who disbelieved after their Belief and then went on increasing in their disbelief (i.e. disbelief in the Qur'ân and in Prophet Muhammad) - never will their repentance be accepted [because they repent only by their tongues and not from their hearts]. And they are those who are astray.
91. Verily, those who disbelieved, and died while they were disbelievers, the (whole) earth full of gold will not be accepted from anyone of them even if they offered it as a ransom
. For them is a painful torment and they will have no helpers.
WHEN THE DISBELIEVERS SEE HELL, THEY WILL WANT TO RETURN TO EARTH AND THEY PROMISE THAT THEY WILL BE FAITHFUL
12. And if you only could see when the Mujrimûn (criminals, disbelievers, polytheists, sinners) shall hang their heads before their Lord (saying): "Our Lord! We have now seen and heard, so send us back (to the world), that we will do righteous good deeds. Verily! We now believe with certainty."
13. And if We had willed, surely We would have given every person his guidance, but the Word from Me took effect (about evil-doers), that I will fill Hell with jinn and mankind together.
14. Then taste you (the torment of the Fire) because of your forgetting the Meeting of this Day of yours. Surely We too will forget you: so taste you the abiding torment for what you used to do.
GOD COULD MAKE EVERYONE FOLLOW HIS RELIGION IF HE WANTED
118. And if your Lord had so willed, He could surely have made mankind one Ummah [nation or community (following one religion i.e. Islâm)] but they will not cease to disagree.
119. Except him on whom your Lord has bestowed His Mercy (the follower of truth - Islâmic Monotheism) and for that did He create them. And the Word of your Lord has been fulfilled (i.e. His Saying): "Surely, I shall fill Hell with jinn and men all together."
MOST PEOPLE JUST FOLLOW THEIR PARENTS IN IGNORANCE
170. When it is said to them: "Follow what Allâh has sent down." They say: "Nay! We shall follow what we found our fathers following." (Would they do that!) even though their fathers did not understand anything nor were they guided?
171. And the example of those who disbelieve is as that of him who shouts to those (flock of sheep) that hears nothing but calls and cries. (They are) deaf, dumb and blind. So they do not understand. (Tafsîr Al-Qurtubi )
[the meaning of verses 170-171 is that calling non-believers to follow Islam is like calling sheep to follow Islam. They cannot understand. So, Islam is only for those people that God allows to understand it. All others have proven that they are not worthy of understanding God or His religion and so He leaves them in their ignorance. This is why Muslims don't bother with trying to “convert” others. We believe it isn't possible unless God directly gives them hidayah (guidance) and allows them to understand.]
ONLY DIE AS A MUSLIM
QS: 3.102 Ali Imron
102. O you who believe! Fear Allâh (by doing all that He has ordered and by abstaining from all that He has forbidden) as He should be feared. [Obey Him, be thankful to Him, and remember Him always], and die not except in a state of Islâm [as Muslims (with complete submission to Allâh)].
ONLY DISBELIEVERS DISPUTE
QS.Al Mu'min 40.4
4. None disputes in the Ayât (proofs, evidence, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) of Allâh but those who disbelieve. So let not their ability of going about here and there through the land (for their purposes) deceive you [O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم, for their ultimate end will be the Fire of Hell]!